Landscape & Storwater Best Practices
Information from Our Speakers:
Dennis Collins of SWS
P.O. Box 1662
Redmond, Oregon 97756
Your HOA Stormwater Management Plan Requirements
- Pre-treatment of stormwater before discharge to underground injection systems
- Spill prevention and control
- Cleaning of catch basins and UIC’s
- Monitoring and performance evaluation
- Public awareness
Find Spill Kit
Put on gloves
Put on goggles
Remove absorbent socks
Place socks around spill
Call the owner, 911 &
Storm Water Services at
If over 42 gallons contact DEQ 541-388-6146
Dispose of socks in
Garbage bag provided
in spill kit.
Michael Buettner of City of Bend Utility Dept.
City of Bend – Water Conservation Program Manager
Knowing what we know…
“Curb the Flow”
•Working w/ local contractors
•Educating our customers
Remember - Its All Connected!
Sprinkler Inspection Program
Goal: Help customers manage water
•Free to Bend utility customers
•Takes about 1 hour
•Contractors always welcome
•Customized inspection report
•Follow up questions & support
- Who reviews the landscape plans (plants, irrigation, low voltage lighting)?
- If there’s not already a landscape professional on the DRC, considering adding one or consulting with one.
- Lawn – use it or lose it! Many communities have wonderful parks and open spaces for games and play.
- Consider lawn alternatives: groundcovers, eco-lawn, low frequency mow mixes.